Friday, May 6, 2011

Tennis Love



Chris and I are Cub Scout Den Leaders for our church. We are in charge of a weekly lesson and activity for five nine-year old boys. As part of the lesson portion this week, we went around in a circle and talked about our favorite sports to both play and watch. I was so excited when my turn came and I was able to indoctrinate these young minds about the merits of tennis and specifically Rafael Nadal, my absolute favorite tennis player. I showed them photos of Rafa and pointed out what makes Rafa such an amazing athlete (his sportsmanship, his drive, his work ethic, his humility, and I left out the part about his extreme good looks - but that too.)

Tomorrow AM, Rafa plays Roger Federer, who is perhaps the tennis GOAT (greatest of all time). I will be awaking at 8AM to watch the match, which isn't too early considering I have often set my alarm in the wee hours of the morning to watch them play against one another. They have one of the greatest rivalries of all time in any sport.

If you read this blog, be prepared for many posts about tennis and specifically Rafael Nadal. I may even post a link the music video he did with Shakira!

No comments:

Post a Comment